FIVE Challenge – Day 1

"Five Challenge" is an event hosted by Persnickety Snark. Today's FIVE Challenge is: FIVE Hopes for YA in 2011.


5. To Move on from Vampires. I hope the next years new novels etc. that are Paranormal or Supernatural includes LESS Vamps and focus more on other stuff...like Fallen Angels, Casters, Workers etc. You get the point.


4. Upcoming Sequels would be as good or even better than the previous book(s). I'm eagerly awaiting so many new sequels to my favorite series, and I hope that I'm disappointed, 'cause I've been waiting so long.


3. Stronger Heroines. Not the weak, pathetic girls or the headstrong, bossy ones. Just heroines that everyone would like, like Katniss from The Hunger Games or Clary from The Mortal Instruments.


2. More AMAZING Covers. I find that I sometimes enjoy the book even more when the cover art is beautiful. It also encourages readers to discovers what lurks under the magnificent covers, therefore more readers for that book. I know, I know, don't judge a book by its cover, but when the cover is really good, generally so will the book.


1. Some more Fabulous New YA authors. I like the feeling of discovery when I read something by a new found author. More newbies please!


What's YOUR 5 hopes for YA in 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!