Booking Through Thursday - Week 5

"Booking Through Thursday" is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Today's question asks:


“How am I going to use this in real life?”
Basically it's asking: how am I going to use literature in my real life?


This question is actually a very good, but difficult to answer.

Well.

Since I'm 14, I'm starting to think about what I want to do in University. And there are always two answers when it comes to this:

1. Take Drama Courses and get some sort of degree in the Arts
2. Study Literature and get a degree in that.

What I take from literature is pretty....difficult to explain. My Parents keep going on about how my spelling and word knowledge should be high if I've read a whole ton of books. Wellll...not always true.

What I'm saying is that, the things that I hope I can take from Literature and put into real life, would be greater knowledge of the world, experiences, feelings and emotions and that sort of stuff. Just reading about it gives me a little more knowledge each time on the real world and real situations. You get what I mean?

I don't think I can put it in any other way than the above.

What's your answer to the question? Leave a link/comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!