Waiting on Wednesday – Week 15

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. It's to spotlight upcoming releases which I would DIE (and then come back to life to read it obviously) to get my hands on!


A Book I Can't wait for is...


The Pledge 
by Kimberly Derting
Publication Date: November 15th, 2011
AmazonGoodreads


Words are the most dangerous weapon of all...

In the violent country of Ludania, the classes are strictly divided by the language they speak. The smallest transgression, like looking a member of a higher class in the eye while they are speaking their native tongue, results in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina has always been able to understand the languages of all classes, and she’s spent her life trying to hide her secret. The only place she can really be free is the drug-fueled underground clubs where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. It's there that she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy named Max who speaks a language she's never heard before . . . and her secret is almost exposed.

Charlie is intensely attracted to Max, even though she can’t be sure where his real loyalties lie. As the emergency drills give way to real crisis and the violence escalates, it becomes clear that Charlie is the key to something much bigger: her country’s only chance for freedom from the terrible power of a deadly regime.





I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE *gasps for air*...well you get the point. I LOVE Kimberly Derting's series The Body Finder (reviews of both books coming soon!). I just finished the second book, Desires of the Dead and It. Was. So. GOOD. I can't wait for the 3rd one, and this one though, is coming before, so I'll need to get my hands on this one while I wait. WHY IS NOVEMBER SO FAR AWAY?! Let's hope time flies here people. 


That was my WoW for this week! What are you "waiting on"? Leave a link/comment to your WoW!

3 comments:

  1. Great choice! I want to read this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds fascinating! And I haven't read The Body Finder series yet but I own them and really want to get to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one peeks my interest. love that book cover too. happy reading 2 U.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!