Top Ten Tuesday - Week 23

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's top ten is:


Top Ten Childhood Faves


I guess I kinda "just" passed that milestone, I in fact DO have some books I read as a kid which I absolutely LOVED.


1. Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss. I don't think I could imagine a childhood without Dr. Seuss and all those crazy rhymes and pictures. This was the first one I remember being read to me when I was in kindergarten :).


2. The Famous Five by Enid Blyton. First chapter books which I'd read by myself. I always loved these– I still own all 21 books! I read them all like more than 10 times each, so you probably knew I was obsessed with these.


3. The Witches by Roald Dahl. I remember reading like a whole bunch of Roald Dahl books in 2nd and 3rd grade, but I have to say, there's something really magical and dark about The Witches. Okay, I was destined for paranormal books!


4. Magic Tree House by Mary Pope Osborne. Tell me one kid who hasn't read these books, or hasn't enjoyed the adventures of Jack and Annie. Loved all the names of the books too :).


5. Junie B. Jones by Barbara Park. HA! I fell in love with this little girl in grade 3. Hilarious! I always remember coming home from school and picking up one of these to read. And then I had made my sister read them as well (and she loved them too!).


6. The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton. This one was first read aloud to me by my kindergarten teacher. This was probably the first I'd heard of Enid Blyton's books, and I went on to reading The Famous Five, The Secret Seven, The Five Find-outers, The Naughtiest Girl and many more.


7. Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. AHHH the highlight of every girl's childhood. Reading these books are so good. I only continued reading them when I was 12 though :P I must have started when I was 9 or 10 and then stopped. But I have yet to get my hands on the last book.


8. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame. Yup, I was totally the kid who could have grown up in my parent's time. I read all these classics and stuff and totally loved them. One I loved the most back then would have been The Wind in the Willows. I always remember going on holiday to India and borrowing this from my aunt, EVERY holiday. Yeah, I've read this one countless times, and loved it even more each time.


9. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. This was another one like the Little House books. Loved the fun-loving Anne and I even went to Green Gables in Prince Edward Island! Loved it :) absolutely amazing. I only finished these books in the 8th grade, so I'm glad I carried these from my childhood into my teens.


10. The Lorax by Dr. Seuss. And to finish...another Dr. Seuss book. I have to say, I'd only read this book in the 5th grade, when we were doing some environmental project. The movie's also coming out! (TAYLOR SWIFT!) I can't wait :)


What are your top ten childhood faves?

4 comments:

  1. When I find a reluctant reader at my school library, I almost always propose Magic Tree House. It is a sure thing.

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choices - we share one!
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are all great ones, but you know -- i've never read anything by enid blyton! i've heard her name so many times but i don't know a single book she's written! so, so embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green Eggs and Ham!! Great pick, why didn't I think of that???

    Here's mine: http://geobobspinelli.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-ten-tuesday-childhood-nostalgia.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!