Crave by Melissa Darnell

Crave by Melissa Darnell

Release Date: October 25, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Series: The Clann, Book 1
Rating: YA 14+
Format: eGalley
Source: NetGalley
Buy: AmazonThe Book Depository
GoodreadsWebsite (Book) Website (Author)

Savannah Colbert has never known why she's so hated by the kids of the Clann. Nor can she deny her instinct to get close to Clann golden boy Tristan Coleman. Especially when she recovers from a strange illness and the attraction becomes nearly irresistible. It's as if he's a magnet, pulling her gaze, her thoughts, even her dreams. Her family has warned her to have nothing to do with him, or any members of the Clann. But when Tristan is suddenly everywhere she goes, Savannah fears she's destined to fail.


For years, Tristan has been forbidden to even speak to Savannah Colbert. Then Savannah disappears from school for a week and comes back…different, and suddenly he can't stay away. Boys seem intoxicated just from looking at her. His own family becomes stricter than ever. And Tristan has to fight his own urge to protect her, to be near her no matter the consequences…. 

First things first, THE COVER. Gor-ge-ous. That's the first thing that drew in my attention. The colors, the girl, that single word Crave on the cover– all of it, made my fingers inch towards the "Request" button and before I knew it, I had it for review. But that was one story. Actuality: I let this amazing AWESOME (going all Barney Stinson here) book wait and wait and wait until one day (February 26th to be exact) I decided to finally read it.
What have I done? Why did I wait so long?! That, fellow readaholics, is one question I don't think I can answer. The story was full of substance. I couldn't stop reading once I had started. It's been a while since I've read a paranormal book, and this was one which brought me back to the supernatural world of witches and vampires.

Le characters...which I must say was the only real problem with this book. Tristan was fine enough, but Savannah kind of annoyed me. She seemed too acceptable of her new change way too soon, and she keeps on mooning about something that happened like years ago. Loved Tristan though– although he kind of was with the whole "mooning" thing as well. What I liked about him was that he took initiative and actually went against his parents for (wait for it...) lovvee. This story was a totally Romeo and Juliet... except add in magic and dream connecting and more un-normal stuff.

This book was pretty long though. Around 400 pages, and if you think about, not exactly a lot happened in the story. I just wish that the story went at a faster pace, than it did, because even though I was completely focused on it and kept on reading it, I found myself thinking about other things in between, when there was just "filler-in" space. Other than that– fine with me.
Love the ending though. It both left me satisfied and curious to know what's next. In my thoughts: the perfect way to end a story.

Overall, Crave was a novel with a bite, and bound me (excuse the puns) until I had finished it, leaving me wanting and hungry for more. I can't wait for Covet, book 2!


If you like this, try...







Other covers available:

4 comments:

  1. I kind of like the blue cover more, but if this is really a book with a bite as you said, then I guess a red cover is mopre appropriate:)
    Seems interesting enough, I might read it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... novel with a bite? Sounds interesting. As with Dovile, I like the blue cover better... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review and this is totally a book with bite....I like all the covers but the blue cover is also that of Maria Acosta's DARK COMPANION...

    Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review! I love this book. I read it a year or so ago and didn't notice any of the problems you pointed out. However, my reading tastes have changed a little, and I've become more aware of things in novels now that I've been reviewing them. I'm curious to see how I feel about Covet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!