Top Ten Tuesday – Week 33

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish. Today's top ten is:


Top Ten All Time Favorite Characters In Books


Why not just ask me to pick my favorite book? *rolls eyes* this is gonna be hard. Anyway, onto the list (and this is in no particular order).


★★★★★


1. Puck from The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. Even though I'm Team Ash (it's been a difficult choosing between the two :/), Puck is probably the funniest character I've read about in a long time. It's very rare to find something that he says that isn't funny. Here's one for the road:



❝If you're done playing with will-o'-the-wisps and kelpies, i think we should continue. Oh, but do tell me the next time you want to have tea with an ogre. I'll be sure to bring my club.❞
The Iron King

2. Sirius Black and Dobby from Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. No explanation needed, except that if you didn't feel something die inside when they died, shame on you :(.


3. Katniss from The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. How could I not include her? Even though Jennifer Lawrence portrayed her fantastically, I felt that no one can actually capture her true character.


4. Mia from The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot. I grew up with Mia and her hilarious diary entries in this 10-book series.


5. Percy from Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan. Another hilarious character, no one can help but fall in love with this demi-god. His perspective in the books is so laugh-out-loud worthy. Observe:



❝Hades raised an eyebrow. When he sat forward in his throne, shadowy faces appeared in the folds of his black robes, faces of torment,as if the garment was stitched of trapped souls from the Fields of Punishment, trying to get out. The ADHD part of me wondered, off-task, whether the rest of his clothes were made the same way. What horrible things would you have to do in your life to get woven into Hades' underwear?❞
The Lightning Thief

6. Stargirl from Stargirl series by Jerry Spinelli. I WANT TO BE HER. She's so free and I would totally want her for a best friend. I haven't read Love, Stargirl (yet), but from the first book alone, I can see that she's one of a kind.


7. Jace from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. Another really funny character. And one of my YA crushes :D

Don't order any of the faerie food," said Jace, looking at her over the top of his menu. "It tends to make humans a little crazy. One minute you're munching a faerie plum, the next minute you're running naked down Madison Avenue with antlers on your head. Not," he added hastily, "that this has ever happened to me.
City of Bones

8. Anne from Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery. Who can't help but fall in love with Anne? Throughout the books, as Anne grows up, she never changes from being that lovable redhead :)


9. Count Olaf from A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. I know he's the baddie, but you have to admit, his weird disguises, and over-the-top attempts to catch the Baudelaires' added to the comedy in the book, no matter how evil (and [kinda] creepy) he is. Jim Carrey's portrayal was really funny as well.


10. The BFG from The BFG by Roald Dahl. Thought I'd finish off with one of my childhood favorites :) Love the The BFG and The BFG himself is one heck of a character. SNOZZCUMBERS!! :D and of course, whizzpopping :P.


★★★★★


ANNNDDD that concludes my list :) It was hard (believe me), and of course there are probably tons of other characters which I should have included, but these 10 definitely stick out.

What's your top ten?

2 comments:

  1. I NEED to read The Iron Fey series. I'm dying to know what guy I'll like better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sirius Black ^^ Yeah. And I did like Katniss in the first book. Second, was okay, but in the last one I didn't even recognized her! Pity. Nice list :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!