Glitch by Heather Anastasiu

Glitch by Heather Anastasiu

Release Date: August 7, 2012
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Series: Glitch, Book 1
Rated: YA 14+
Format: eGalley
Source: NetGalley
Buy: AmazonThe Book Depository
GoodreadsWebsite

In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.
When Zoe starts to malfunction (or “glitch”), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.

Glitch was a gripping dystopian. I loved being sucked into this world– it was so different from other dystopians which I've read! I always love the idea of a higher power taking control over the world and then rebellion begins– and this completely exceeded my expectations! Just when I was thinking that all dystopians would generally have the same trend, this fabulous novel comes along and shines.

Zoe was a great main character, I liked her struggle to remain 'normal' and yet it was great seeing that more emotional side, and what it's like to discover brilliant colors and feelings. I must say though, her perspective was slightly inconsistent because of her switching back and forth. I was however, mainly focusing on the plot at the time I was reading this, so it didn't really interrupt my flow.
Adrien, oh Adrien. The love triangle in this book was interesting, because I did like both guys (most of the time anyway), but I loved Adrien's character. From the moment Zoe describes his eyes, I was sold.
Max was an interesting character. I liked him at times, but then sometimes I didn't, but I ended up loving the emotion range he has. To be frank, at time he annoyed me so much I was tempted to skim parts of this novel, but he's definitely an interesting twist to this story.

Speaking of twists, there's one completely mind blowing one which you'll end going WOAH at. I was (figuratively speaking) at a loss for words, my brain completely froze. I did not see it coming and it had me flipping pages, desperate to find out what happens next.

Heather Anastasiu has written a riveting book, which had me hooked from start to finish. Glitch was gloriously enthralling– one remarkable science fiction filled novel. I can't wait to read the sequel, Override!


If you like this, try...


▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, this sounds pretty cool. Honestly, we're over the dystopian trend, but this is one we'd make an exception for, especially after reading your review. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds good! I'm adding this series to my wishlist! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your review! I didn't read this one yet because of the mixed reviews I've been seeing. But I'm planning to check it out soon because of your review. I love good world-building!

    Zaira Lynn (CashFund)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!