Mr. Puffball: Stunt Cat to the Stars by Constance Lombardo

Mr. Puffball: Stunt Cat to the Stars by Constance Lombardo

Release Date: September 29, 2015
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Series: Mr. Puffball, Book 1
Rated: MG 10+
Format: eGalley
Source: Edelweiss
Buy: AmazonThe Book Depository
Goodreads Website

In this hilarious illustrated adventure meet Mr. Puffball, a medium-size feline with a big dream! With amazing humor that appeals to both kids and adults as well as funny illustrations throughout the story, Mr. Puffball: Stunt Cat to the Stars is perfect for dreamers, movie buffs, and fans of Timmy Failure and Stick Dog.

He's a hero for today. Or possibly tomorrow. He's a cat. He's awesome. And . . . wait for it . . . he's going to Hollywood to become a famous movie star! Follow Mr. Puffball on his trip cross-country. (Look at all the postcards to Mom!) See him stumble upon Hobowood! (Not as glamorous as Hollywood, but full of beans.) Watch him land at last in Hollywood, where he meets a cast of thousands (or at least half a dozen) and catapults himself into the next best thing to being a famous movie star: working as a stunt cat to his movie star hero, El Gato!

When I saw this title was available on Edelweiss, I couldn’t help but download it. Mr. Puffball: Stunt Cat to the Stars sounded like such a cute read–and it was! The adorable story was complimented by illustrations, which helped to make the book even more hilarious than it already was. I’m not joking when I say that every other page I was either smiling or chuckling about cat-related humour. I devoured Lombardo’s book in one sitting because it was both short and a delight to read.

THE PUNS, you guys, THE PUNS. The Sound of Meowsic, The Great Catsby–this book was filled with ‘em. Movie titles, star names, film production companies...you name it I was a little confused to start with because I thought this was set in the human world, but nope, it’s Hollywood for cats. Well, there are some dogs present, but they don’t make too much of an appearance. I will say that even though I’m a dog person, I definitely enjoyed this one immensely.

The illustrations were a bit tricky to look at, because I was reading this one on my Kindle and some of them had little speech bubbles so I had to squint to read some of the little funny comments or to see what on earth was going on with these cats. It was super cute, but when you have to read this book interlaced with illustrations that describe the action that happens (replacing words), it can be a bit tedious. Obviously, I doubt this will be a problem with a physical book, but for an ebook on a Kindle, this made reading a bit tedious. Nonetheless, the illustrations were super cute!

A fantastic book for kids that is guaranteed to make readers of all ages laugh, Mr. Puffball: Stunt Cat to the Stars is the perfect story for cat-lovers, aspiring film stars and film buffs, and anyone in need of a good laugh. I can’t wait to read more adventures of Mr. Puffball in Hollywood!

If you like this, try...


▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Rabiah!!! You've made my day cat-solutely purrfect!!!! So happy you devoured my Hollywood memoir!! I hope you followed it with a big bowl of water! Best, Mr. Puffball

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't sound like the puns got corny!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!