Waiting on Wednesday – Week 159

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It’s to spotlight upcoming releases that I’m DYING to get my hands on!

This week’s WoW is:
How It Feels to Fly by Kathryn Holmes

The movement is all that matters. 

For as long as Samantha can remember, she’s wanted to be a professional ballerina. She’s lived for perfect pirouettes, sky-high extensions, and soaring leaps across the stage. Then her body betrayed her.

The change was gradual. Stealthy.

Failed diets. Disapproving looks. Whispers behind her back. The result: crippling anxiety about her appearance, which threatens to crush her dancing dreams entirely. On her dance teacher’s recommendation, Sam is sent to a summer treatment camp for teen artists and athletes who are struggling with mental and emotional obstacles. If she can make progress, she’ll be allowed to attend a crucial ballet intensive. But when asked to open up about her deepest insecurities, secret behaviors, and paralyzing fears to complete strangers, Sam can’t cope. 

What I really need is a whole new body.

Sam forms an unlikely bond with Andrew, a former college football player who’s one of her camp counselors. As they grow closer, Andrew helps Sam see herself as he does—beautiful. But just as she starts to believe that there’s more between them than friendship, disappointing news from home sends her into a tailspin. With her future uncertain and her body against her, will Sam give in to the anxiety that imprisons her?

For fans of Center Stage, and with shades of The Breakfast Club, this is a compelling novel about body, mind, and the courage that it takes to become who you’re meant to be.

June 14, 2016 ● Goodreads

The cover and typography featured on it is INSANELY cute, and for that alone I would read this one in a heartbeat. It definitely doesn’t sound like a fluffy novel but it seems to have a lot of heart and powerful stuff, so I’ll definitely be on the lookout for this one.

What are you waiting on?

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I agree, the font is super cute :) I'm not sure if I'll pick this one up but I hope you love it!

    My WoW

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look fun!

    Feverborn by Karen Marie Moning for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this cover! This sounds like a cute read. I have to add it to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an amazing book! I've been a dancer for almost my entire life, and so I always love finding good books about dancer's various experiences. I've been able to find a lot of good books like that lately, and I really think stories like that capture people's attention more than I think. It makes me really happy, because a dancers life can make some really good stories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!